Wednesday, April 12, 2023

For the love of learning - Earth Day

I first would like to give a huge shout out and thank you to the numerous educators in the elementary school system who brought to light the need for recycling and caring for our planet with our children when they were young. Yes, that was some years ago now but it brings me back to my comment of “for the love of learning” in a previous post.  Much earlier in our quest to “save our planet” my one child came home and started to give me lessons on what we needed to do as a family to help with this venture.  Yes! From her explanations and “teachings” it was going to be for the long haul (which of course it continues today).  She started with teaching us how to recycle and as extensive as our recycling program is here in our community, her lessons were to the point!  Still to this day while she is grown and living elsewhere I can hear her little voice in my head about what needs to be done. I am thankful for the wonderful set of skills that was instilled in her. With Earth Day coming up it is an additional reminder to us to keep up with our efforts and to continue to implement this in our classes no matter what our subject area is.  With some creative thinking there is ALWAYS a way to do this.  For the love of learning, what can you do to help with this? Here is something to use in a French language classroom to supplement your spring units and can be used as a springboard to that all important Earth discussion

 

 

Bonne journée ! 

 Lorraine

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment