Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Do you play games?

 

 Hi everyone! Do you have the same strategy each year for helping your students prepare for the end of the year exams or oral presentations? We aren't at that point yet where I live but I know that some of the US schools finish much earlier and so they are thinking about this now! 


I think that review at the end of the year is a very stressful time for everyone, and especially for the teachers. You count the weeks until the end of classes or until exams begin. You look at the concepts you still need to cover so that your kids are ready for the next school year and unfortunately the list goes on. I know it does, because I lived it for many years!  Now retired and happy to be that way, I LOVED teaching. There’s something about it that once in your blood, it is there to stay! That doesn't mean that I didn't suffer from some of the things above and especially feeling just a bit too tired in the morning to really want to get to work.

 

One of my favourite ways to review with my high school students was to play games. Any kind of game I could find, I would try to put into a category that I could use. I truly believe that learning happens and that knowledge solidifies when having fun.  It also allows the struggling students to feel success and not feel like everyone is looking at them by having a hand up in the air or more likely when being called upon to answer. 

 

So what concepts do your students not like to review? Probably verbs for one but there are many more concepts that need to be practised and reviewed.


So, my suggestion to you today is to play a game, have fun and help your kids review.  Here are some Games

 

Happy Earth Day on Saturday!  Have a great day!

À bientôt!

 

Lorraine

 

              Here's a freebie for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment