Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Do you like interesting resources?

 

I SURE DO! I’m always looking for interesting ideas and resources that can be done in the languages classroom. I recently discovered that Teacher Gameroom does some really interesting game templates that can be developed for many subject areas. You just need to use a little bit of imagination and choose a concept area. 

 

I have recently made up 2 new resources that I wish I had had to use. The first one is about the traditional French meal; the fancy one you would find at a restaurant. Or it could be the one served on special occasions in a French home with guests coming over. – the 7 course meal!  Most students know about escargots and some cheeses like brie and camembert but there are so many French dishes that are served that they aren’t familiar with and in North America they get a bit confused when you talk about “l’entrée” at the meal.  Here, we consider it to be the main dish of the meal so it takes them a bit to wrap their heads around the fact that it isn’t the same in France. So this research based internet activity that I have created helps students categorize a wide variety of French dishes into l’entrée, l’amuse-bouche, le plat principal, le dessert, etc.  They get to learn about many different dishes and then as a finishing activity create their own restaurant menu from the dishes they have learned about.  It is great for individual work or in pairs, whichever suits you and works best for your classes.  - It is also a FREEBIE for you – my gift

 

I hope you like it!   I’ll fill you in on the second resource in another blog post! 

 

Lorraine


CLICK HERE FOR THE FREEBIE !

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment