Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Technology and students at work....

Oh my gosh! Where has the time gone?  Sometimes January crawls by; however, it is right around the corner already!!   We are always looking for authentic tasks for our students to do and I am certainly no different.  Today my upper level students did a gallery walk in my class and pretended they were tourists on a holiday.  Of course I did not travel with them and so they were not able to ask me any questions.  :) I set up 15 different stations with a variety of documents that I have collected along the way on holidays - train tickets, train schedules, brochures from museums, ads from magazines, map of Paris, postcards, and so on.  Students had questions that they needed to answer about the documents in each folder.  Everything is in French - both the questions and the documents.  The students worked with a partner and used their cell phones to use the internet to look up vocabulary that they didn't know.  I love it when I can use their technology skills and embed them into my lesson!!   And even better was the following comment I heard along the way: "Oh, this is cool.  It's going to be so much fun and I'm going to like this."  It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment